I signed up for my FIRST 5K.
You maybe thinking - she has never talked about running before. Well, you're right - I haven't, because....I've really never ran a day in my life. Ha. :)
I always dreaded when the time came to do the physical fitness test in gym class each year!!
Remember that AWFUL thing.
No? Ok. Maybe it was just me!!
I could and would do push ups, sits ups, curl ups, whatever - all day long.
Running - wasn't happening, not for this girl!
My gym teacher, probably could have spit nails at me because, I would literally walk the whole entire mile making us have to stay out there longer than what we should have. :)
Seriously, I have NO idea what possessed me to register for this race, other than the fact that I'm tired of being out of shape and hating the way I look each time I see myself in the mirror.
D and I are already discussing about when we think is the best time to start trying to have a baby. Well, I don't know about you but I want to be in the best shape ever before I have kids. Most women put on a bunch of weight, which is normal, but I don't want to start out "heavier" and hate the way I look the whole entire pregnancy. Not to mention, once you have the baby. It's going to be that much harder to lose the baby weight! SO, why not start now! :)
You never know - I might become a full a "runner" or after this race, I might decide that I liked sitting on the couch better! ;)
I've been running at least a mile and a half to two miles at night every day this week. The first couple of days -I thought I was literally going to die of a heart attack. I couldn't breathe. My legs were cramping. And I was sweating!!! I. hate. to sweat.
Let me explain myself - I don't run the entire two miles. I walk and run it. ;) But, I'm getting it done!!
Now, it's Friday afternoon, and I'm literally itching for 4:30 to come so I can hit the gym this afternoon to lift weights and run.
WHO AM I?!?!? :)
So, I'm going to try and document everything, as I start this journey.
You never know - I might become a full a "runner" or after this race, I might decide that I liked sitting on the couch better! ;)
Oh, and did I mention D is doing it with me? Yep - he is the best husband ever!!! He gives me so much motivation. When I want to quit, he is right there cheering me on and yelling "come on baby" lol. Although I want to absolutely kill him at the moment - I appreciate it later. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
Good luck! You sound totally like me. Earlier this year I told myself I wanted to do a 5K just to prove that I could, even though I hate running, and get into better shape. Well, we found out about baby Tuff about two weeks before the run and not only was I exhausted, my doctor advised me not to do it b/c of concerns with the placenta detaching with a run. So I'm already planning to make that my run next year and my motivation to lose the baby weight!
First- Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!! Second- You go girl=) I'm not a runner/worker-outer either...so impressive you can get into that mode! Good luck with the training!
I want to be you!!!
I wanted to sign up this year from half marathon but then my hubby told me it was like 12 miles or something like that. I'm.the.worst.runner.EVER! But I want to start. I too, want to be in shape before the term "parenthood" rolls around.
Maybe your experience can motivate me! Keep posting about your training! I need to read read and read more!
Happy Wednesday!
Nice work lady!!! That is awesome.
Post a Comment