Seriously how is it already April 3rd??
And the fact that I haven't blogged since February 1st?
Wasn't one of my New Years Resolution's to blog more? Yeah, I though so! Oops :/ Better late than never, right?
SO, obviously nothing exciting has been going on in our lives that was worth blogging, but when I think about it a lot has happened.
I have a lot going through my head, so this will be a bullet post to catch you up on what's happened and what's planned for the near future! ;)
- I have yet to blog about Christmas (yeah, I know) so that will be coming later this week just so I can have it documented for my purposes.
- I up and sold our bedroom furniture like it was nothing because we were in desperate need for a bigger bed. Hubby was a little shocked that I just sold it without having a back up plan. :) I think he has now learned not to put anything past me! :)
- Once we upgraded to a King bed I was on the search for a headboard. I couldn't find anything I liked, so I found some plans online and put hubby to work on building it for me! It turned out fabulous and he just got done yesterday building my nightstands. I'll do a post on all that soon - with pictures included.
- Saying all that reminds me I haven't done a post on house pictures - I'll take pictures tonight and get on that post this week. I'm not sure how long we will be at this house and I want to remember everything we did. I could shoot myself for not taking before pictures, but oh well.
- We are in the process of searching for land. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be. Where we live, people farm for a living which means they don't want to sell their land.
- We put a offer in on three lots (a little over 2 acres) two weeks ago and it was a big negative. The guy is asking too much for the area and he knows that but isn't willing to come down on price. Get this - he knows it won't appraise for what he is asking, but he doesn't care. Can we say loony!?!?
- We are waiting to hear back on some more land we are interested in within the next week. We are hoping for good news, but aren't holding our breath! The guy that owns the land died and left it to several people three years ago. Long story short, they have just now decided to sell. Let's just hope the lots we want are the ones they are willing to sell and at a decent price. We want at least an acre maybe more. Our dream is to buy a couple lots and build one house stay in it for several years, sell and then build next door. I'll keep y'all posted on what I hear within the next week.
- My momma and step-dad have finally bit the bullet and are going to sell their house and move to Owens Cross Roads, which is literally 5-6 mins from where I am right now - score!!! I can't wait to have my Momma just up the road again! :)
- We have finally decided we are done with remodeling. Yay for my sanity! We have put enough into this house, so now we are just going to work on paying off D's truck and then save, save, save!!! I'm struggling with not doing anything to the outside of the house - it's in desperate need! But, I have to remind myself painting the house and adding a front porch is going to cost thousands of dollars, which we wouldn't get back , so we'll make do for now.
- We are booking our first cruise this week and I'm beyond excited!!! It's seven days and we will leave out of New Orleans. During those seven days we'll hit up Jamaica, Mexico and Cayman Islands - September, please hurry up and get here!!!! :)
- Harlee (our lab) is getting fixed this Friday and I'm already stressing. The baby hasn't ever been without me or D and I'm just a little afraid of how she will react. She loves everyone and never meets a stranger, so why worry right?!?
- D is probably going to have to start traveling for work. They want him to start taking classes because his company is going to pick up another contract and they have basically put him in charge of learning and teaching other people. I really don't know how I feel about this... Yes, I'm sure this means more opportunities in his future and possible a good pay raise, but I don't like the thought of him being gone a week at a time.
- I'm still applying left and right for different jobs.
- April brings on Turkey Season for the Mister which means I'm home a lone pretty much every weekend. I keep having to remind myself it's only a month...
- Oh, and we are officially set on starting to try for Baby Motes this coming June! :)
Sorry for the mumbo jumbo post today, but that is all I got. I "really" want to start doing better on blogging so we'll see! ;)
Hope everyone is enjoying this weather here lately!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment