Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dream Home

Since we are officially land owners I feel now that I can start blogging about house ideas and not seem like a crazy person.  Although we don't plan on building for a couple more years, I still want to document what I like somewhere else other than Pinterest.  This is a big journey for me and D and I want to remember every little piece. :) 
Ever since D and I got married we knew that we were going to build one day, so we've always kind of looked at house plans here and there. It's sad to say, but our date nights usually consisted of us going out to eat and then ending up driving around picking out brick we liked, flower beds that we thought were pretty and the style of house that we wanted.  Lame I know - but we loved it! 

 And this is how it usually went...
Me: Oh, I love that style house!!!
D: Really? I just don't like it.

Me: Oh, look at that front door - it's red! I so want that when we build!
D: That is so ugly, it doesn't even match

Me: Ugh, you never like anything I like - let's just go home. We are never building!!
Truth!
What can I say - I like for things to go my way when it comes to things I want.  I mean seriously, what does D know about color of brick and if the red front door really matches - he is a guy!  ;)
Just kidding....okay, maybe not so much!

Anyways - I can't tell you how many house plans I found that I liked and D just totally X'd them out.  Seriously, it was probably in the 100's. Thankfully I was printing at work and wasting the City's paper and ink and not mine ;) 
Finally, D agreed to just let me pick out the house I wanted under two circumstances. He got a detached garage and there had to be a safe room somewhere in the house that was a good size room - big enough to hold all his guns (you know, because they are so important) our filing cabinet and for us to fit in comfortably.

Okay, simple enough!

So, not only did I find a house that I fell in love with but guess who else really likes it.....that's right D!!

So, here she is

It's Craftsman - which we both wanted
It has stacked stone - which we both love
It's symmetrical - which was important for my OCD 
It has a side entry garage - which was a must since we are going to have a detached garage
AND it has a red front door! lol

Here is the inside 

This will be changed up some to fit the house.  I couldn't find an house that I liked both the interior and exterior. Thankfully, I work with an architect and he said for me to just find what I like and he would combine them for me!! :) 
I know we are several years out from building, but this is so exciting for me!!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Love it! It will be perfect

Nicole said...

Love it!

Aishlea said...

Pretty! We, too, love the Craftsman style homes and stacked stone. We have had one house plan picked out for years, but now Brandon has been looking at new ones and trying to change it up on me! ha... we are several years away from building too, but it is still fun to plan and dream! Maybe it won't be so overwhelming when it comes time to build.

Michelle said...

Ah! I didn't realize y'all had closed. So exciting! I love the house plan too ... we'll have to visit in 10 or so years :)

Caitlin Cavallaro said...

I absolutely LOVE that house! And I am also jealous that you bought some land (whether you build tomorrow or 10 years from now!) that is a huge accomplishment! Glad that you were able to find something that you BOTH love (and his restrictions weren't THAT bad... I mean if all my hubby wanted was a detached garage & safe room, then I would be jumping for joy... Because he vetoes everything I like as well!)