Monday, July 28, 2014

15 Months Old

Kennedy Brooke you are 15 Months Old.
Seriously, didn't we just celebrate your birthday?  I have a feeling as fast as time is going right now, we'll be planning your second party before we know it.  Time. Slow. Down!
You are growing, developing, and becoming such a little girl.  When I look at you now, as much as you'll always be Momma's baby, I just don't see the actually "baby" in you in more.  You are stretching out, basically running everywhere and talking non-stop!  Oh, how I love to hear your sweet voice!
We went to the doctor Friday and your stats are
Weight: 25.4 lbs
Height: 31 1/4

We don't have to go back until your 2 for another well visit.  But, Dr. Ellis assured us he'd see us this winter! ;) lol
You got two shots and bless your heart, like usual, you had a hard time with them.  Makes the weekend tough on everyone, but we sure do get some extra lovin. 
Thankfully, this morning you seemed to be back to your normal self! :) 
Here is what you're up to now days -
You are still LOVING daycare.  And you've finally adjusted to taking one nap a day.  The length of the nap is still up in the air daily, but usually it averages 2 hours.  Thankfully, you're still wanting to take 2 naps on the weekends.  Which is nice, because I'm able to get a lot done during those naps and you're a happy baby afterwards! 
We've started really working on using a fork when we eat.  You've grasped the concept of what you do with it, but actually stabbing or getting anything on the spoon/fork is still a bit tricky for you.  Although, you would think that you have food on every bite because once you pull that fork out of your mouth you immediately say "Yummm." ; )
Speaking of eating, you've always been a great eater but here lately you are getting very picky.  You basically just want the good stuff and want to skip your veggies.  We still give you those first and try and get you to eat as many as possible, but it's getting harder. I've heard this is just a stage, so I'm hoping that's it.  If you had it your way you would live off bread and fruit.  :)
I'm still in amazement at your vocabulary right now.  You are saying 40+ words and are starting to combine words although that's harder for us to understand.  I could listen to you say Love You all day long and it really makes my heart happy when I hear you say Please and Thank you without being prompted to do so.
Here are the words you are saying now
Dada, Daddy, Momma, Mommy, Ball, Bye, Bye-Bye, Hey, Easy, Snack, Lucy, Lexi, Juice, Poppa, Papaw, Poppy, Pappy, NeNe, Mamaw, Home, School, Purple, Go, Come on, Come in, Come here, Love you, Please, Thank you, Get you, Wee, Poo-Poo, Pee-pee, Doc, Minnie, Slide, Bottle, No, No-No, Shoes, Keys, Stay, Potty, Sophie, Sweet, Pool, Boo, Deer, Jesus, Nonny, Milk, Brewer.
You are also signing More

You're still our little dancer and will literally stop what you are doing where ever we are to dance.  You even danced to your Granna and Aunt Ber this past weekend when they were singing to you. I have several videos of you that I'll try and post one day.

You are wearing 18 months clothes and some 2T depending on how they are cut.  You are obsessed with shoes and want them on pretty much all the time.  It cracks us up because if you find shoes you will bring them to whoever they belong to and want that person to put them on.  You do this at daycare with the workers and kids too. Ha! :) 

You started to get very interested in the potty this last month. So much, that we got you one and you've went several times in it - just pee-pee.  But, when you do go you get SO proud of yourself - to the point where you'll stand up before finishing! ; )  We aren't pushing it yet, but when we go we usually sit you up there to see if you'll do anything.  I'm hoping by the time you're two you'll be fully potty trained.

You are still very much a fan of your paci (pappy).  When you are having a complete meltdown or when we are just driving you ask for it alot and unless you are just wore slap out, you want it for naps and bedtime.  I have a feeling this will be the hardest thing to date that we will have to take away from you.  I don't even want to think about it, really!  

You're a Momma's girl all the way and as hard as it is sometimes, I wouldn't have it any other way.  There is no greater feeling than hearing you wake up saying Mommy over and over again.  Also, sweet girl it doesn't matter how hard my day has been when I get home and see that huge smile come running to me say Mommy everything seems to just go away.

Sweet girl, we love you so much! :)

No comments: