Tuesday, July 22, 2014

First Slumber Party

Kennedy went to stay with my sister last week.  We dropped her off Tuesday night in Athens and she headed to Florence till Sunday.  Thankfully, me and Momma went over Thursday after work to spend the weekend.  You honestly didn't think I could go that long without my sweet baby, did you?!? :)
 
This was her first real time away from home.  Sure, she spends the night with her Granna from time to time, but Momma lives just 10 minutes up the road.  Amber is 2 hours away from us.  I see this happening a lot since Amber is a teacher and gets a good bit of time off.  Especially during Fall, Spring and Summer break.  It actually works out great since Daniel and I don't get to have that time off and she's at daycare here.  At least when she's over there Amber is off and they can spend the whole day together and do fun stuff.  
 
I love when Amber has K because I get pictures / videos pretty much all day long.  That in itself makes this Momma happy.   Here are some she shared with me while she was over there!



 
 
She had so much fun spending time with just Amber and Brian.  When we got there Thursday night, she could have cared less that I just ran up the back yard to see her.  She just looked at me like Hey Mom and went on about her business - stink pot! :)
She did the same thing to her daddy when we got home Sunday too! ; )
 
Here are just some more random pictures from this weekend!
 
I found this doll house on Craigslist.  Amber and I had this one and grandmothers house growing up and played with them for years.  Somehow the blue house got lost when my mom and dad divorced.  I've searched Ebay for a while looking for one that was a reasonable price, but no luck!  Thankfully, one popped up on Craigslist last week and I snatched it up.  K loves playing with it!!!  And I love seeing her play with something we played with growing up.

 She had her first cookie this weekend! :)
 
Naps in the car are the best.  She had a rough day Saturday.  I think the rest of her molars are finally making their way on through.  They popped up about two weeks ago.

 
 
This past weekend was pretty much low key and we hung around the house a lot.  Unfortunately, Brian's grandad passed away last Tuesday night and services were this weekend.  After the funeral Saturday we bummed around town and then ate Rigatoni's.
We were up early Sunday to head back home.  We try to be on the road by 9:30 so K can nap pretty much the whole way home.  Makes it easier on all of us! :)
We had to stop by Babies R Us and pick up a few things and plus I needed to order her bed rails.  It's crazy to think that we'll need those in a couple of years!
My sweet girl is growing up!

No comments: