Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thankful - Thoughtful Thursday...


I'm playing along with Lyndsie this week and sharing what all I'm Thankful for!! The Linky wasn't working this morning on her page, so hopefully it will be back up later on this afternoon! Go on over there and link up! :)



I'm Thankful that D is so good to me! I hit a rough patch a little over two years ago in my life and when I say "hit" I mean I hit hard! And I honestly just didn't think any guy was worth my time after that. What I went through really took a toll on my family and me. Needless to say, when D came into my life just 6 "short" months later I wanted NOTHING to do with him. I kept wondering why God was putting him in my life when I wanted nothing to do with guys. Period! I treated him like crap the first couple of months, but he saw something in us and stuck beside me and I couldn't be more Thankful of it now!!! He really is my best friend and I thank God for him every day!! :)


Ya'll are probably wondering why I use the same picture of me and D...well that's because he is a picture-taker hater!! :)

I'm Thankful that both my Grandparents are in good health!! I love those two people more than anything in this world!! The love that they have for each other is just so contagious to me!! They have been married 53 years this past February...isn't that the sweetest!! :) And I'm so Thankful that this time next year I'll be living right beside them!!



I'm Thankful for my wonderful Momma!!! She is my best friend. I never would have thought that I would have considered my Momma (of all people) to be my best friend, but ever since her and my dad divorced we have just grown so close together!! Now, don't get me wrong we aggravate each other to no end, but at the end of the day I know that she is always there for me, supporting me in whatever I do, and always there to give me the advice I need in life. I mean who wouldn't want someone like that to be there best friend?!?!?


I'm Thankful for my step-dad also! He basically just completes this family and is the father figure that every girl needs in there life - Love him!!! :)

I'm Thankful for my sister - talk about the best sister ever!! We have SO much fun together. We laugh till literally our stomachs are hurting, can complete each other sentences, are there for each other unconditionally, and are complete nuts together!! I'm so glad that when she moved off we got as close as we did!!! Even though I wish she was back here more than anything!! haha :)












And on a lighter note - lol - I'm Thankful that last night D carved our pumpkins. Well two of them. Mine will get done tonight and he did a great job!!!

Hope ya'll have a good Thursday!!! :)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that spider pumpkin! I'm ready to do mine soon!!

Rebekah said...

What great things to be thankful for!

Those pumpkins look so cool! It makes me want to carve pumpkins!

Ashley said...

I tagged you on my blog!!

Michelle said...

great post! not to preach, but yes, be sooo thankful for your grandparents. i am only 25 and don't have any living grandparents left, which really bites!

Kit said...

Hey! I love your pumpkins. I tagged you on my blog...
http://lifeofascott.blogspot.com/2010/10/i-have-been-tagged.html

Cant wait to see your answers!

Heather said...

What a great post, so much to be thankful for!! Love those pumpkins!