Just forewarning....this post is long!!
And I've broken it up into two parts! ;)
We found out we were expecting August 19th!!
The day before our anniversary - Happy Anniversary present to us!! :)
I seriously doubt there will ever be another year that can top this one!!
Anyways, I like so many others had this all planned out on how I was going to tell my family and friends. I mean down to a T people! And now, I can't help but laugh at how it all came out. ;)
We had decided at the beginning of this year that we weren't going to "prevent" anymore and just see what happened. We were both ready for a baby, but we were also content if it didn't happen for another year or two. Both Daniel and I felt strongly about "not trying" and putting all that pressure on us and our marriage - plus, we just wanted to have fun! ;)
So, the week before I found out I had been complaining about my boobs hurting so bad when I woke up in the morning, I was cramping, and I just didn't feel all there. I really thought I was just about to start my period but D kept saying "I bet your pregnant." I just blew him off.
That whole weekend, I started to ponder on "Well, what if" so Sunday morning to ease my mind I took a pregnancy test first thing that morning. After peeing, I went to let the dogs out (because seriously, I wasn't expecting anything) came back into the bathroom and BAM!
So, like any normal human being I. Started. Freaking!
There was no keeping it a secret long enough for me to get D his gift, what was I thinking - I had to tell him then!!
Needless to say, he is still in bed asleep during all this.
So, I haul my butt to the bedroom with the test in hand and just start shaking him! He woke up and I immediately starting crying and said.....
You're going to be mad at me!!!
All he did was just smile and say "why" and then I started freaking even more! I shoved the test literally in his face and was just boohooing. I don't know what all I said, but I'm sure it had to do with - are we ready, weren't we just having fun, omg we're going to be parents.
Yep, romantic right.....just how I envisioned it! :)
D like the rock he always is in our relationship, just sat up with the biggest grin on his face and just held me and let me have probably one of the biggest melt downs I've ever experienced. lol
Gracious, I sure do love that boy!!
I think around this time it was about 8:45 and we had to get ready for Church so we wouldn't be late.
We had already said that we were going to wait until our first ultrasound before we told anyone, just in case...
LOL, yeah right.
I held it together during Church and didn't say anything to my Momma.
I even lied Monday morning and told her I started my period to throw her off. What? You wouldn't have lied? Well, the woman finds out everything before you tell her and ruins the surprise so I had to lie a little. ;)
By Tuesday morning, I had already taken 6 pregnancy test. Yeah, not the cheap ones either. I guess I thought it was going to change??? Not real sure! lol
So, when I got to work Tuesday morning I made an appt to see my OB and he just drew some blood and confirmed again, that I was indeed pregnant (4 weeks to be exact) and that I was due April 25, 2013.
So, after that appointment I knew I had to tell Momma. I mean I tell her everything!!!
I drove straight to her office, walked in, shut her office door, and just blurted out
I'm pregnant!!!
Again, soooo how I envisioned it!! ;)
She was of course, so excited and immediately started crying and we just hugged and cried together.
Then, she says "I knew it."
Ummm, excuse me? Do what??
She told me that Sunday after Church she told Ronnie that I was pregnant. Yes, people - the morning I found out. How she knew I will never know!!! See you can't keep anything from her!!!
She told my step-dad that night and she said he just got the biggest smile on his face and started tearing up some. Love that man!! He is going to be the BEST Poppa in the world to this sweet baby!! :)
Anyways, we waited until the next weekend to tell D's family. D was really set on waiting until the first ultrasound before we told them. But, my doctor couldn't get me into see him until the Thursday before we left for the cruise. So, that left one day to tell them and my sister and grandparents. Not going to work!
So, we told them that next Sunday by giving them this...
Julie, my sweet sweet sister-in-law, was beyond excited!!! Like the girl started jumping up and down, screaming (literally) and going from me to D giving us the tightest hugs ever. I couldn't help but laugh. Once she composed herself she said "I'm sorry, I'm just really excited" lol :)
We then told his mom and dad and they were excited too. Not near as much as Julie, but in their own way. Jimmy (D's dad) just started asking so many questions about everything and then he said the sweetest thing "I can't wait to be a Poppa again" :)
The next weekend we went to Florence and told my sister. She was excited too. I think really surprised, but excited! :)
Seriously, this baby is going to have two of the best aunts in the world. They will spoil it rotten!!! :)
Ultrasound Day - They asked me a million and one questions and I could not tell you one of them. I finally asked the girl, if she would just do the ultrasound because I would probably be more cooperative once I heard the heartbeat! lol I knew her, so I didn't feel bad saying that.
Once they got me back, I wasn't measuring where I should have been with the dates I had provided, so they let me come back the week after our cruise to check on the baby again.
Here is the baby at 6 weeks
And here is the baby at 8 weeks
That night we decided to go ahead and tell my grandparents since we heard the heartbeat and everything looked good. I can't help but laugh about this one. I gave my grandmother the same picture above in a frame, and she thought I was just giving her a frame. She didn't really look at the picture especially since there wasn't any faces to the bodies. Then, she got it and started yelling "We're going to get a baby" "We're going to get a baby" over and over!! :) They were so excited!!
Needless to say, nothing happened the way I wanted it to, but I wouldn't trade the way it did happen for anything in the world. After we told all of our families we swore them to secrecy! We were going to try our best to wait until 12 weeks to announce it on Facebook.
Just in case something happened....and boy did it!
I'm going to end here for the day....
If you made it this far you are the best!!! :)










5 comments:
How exciting!! Congrats!!
This is so sweet! I'm excited to follow your pregnancy journey!
Oh I can't wait for the rest!! I freaked out at first too, even though we were trying and I wanted a baby so badly! ;) Crazy hormones!!
CONGRATS GIRL! It's such a blessing:)
Congratulations! How exciting.
Post a Comment