As I said in my last post we were going to wait to announce it on Facebook just to make sure nothing happened.....
Well, the Friday after we got back from our cruise I started having this really, really sharp pain in my back once I got to work. I had an idea what I thought it was but I wasn't for sure!
I couldn't sit down, without getting sick. When I would walk around I would feel better but I kept feeling like I was going to pass out. So, of course, I called Momma freaking - told her what I thought it was, she agreed and told me to call my OBGYN.
I called them and they wanted to see me right away. Of course, I had to give a urine sample and seriously y'all it was red!!! I about freaked!
Of course then, we all knew that it was...........Kidney Stones!!!
At first they were just going to send me home with pain medicine to pass them, but since I was only 10 weeks the doctor said that was too big of a risk so she sent me to Labor and Delivery to be monitored.
They couldn't see anything with just an ultrasound and the doctor really didn't want to do a CatScan since I was so early and it could effect the baby. So, they just monitored me and had me strain my pee to see if I would pass anything. By Saturday, I was feeling much better and I had passed a few pieces of one, so they went ahead and let me go on home. Of course, I was feeling so good that Momma and I decided to go onto the local craft show that was in town - Big Mistake!! By the time we got done walking around I could feel the kidney stone again. I was in so much pain, I seriously couldn't get pain medicine in me fast enough and I was so scared to take anything because I was afraid I was going to hurt the baby. So, I was freaking out about that too. Luckily the nurse on called reassured me that taking the pain medicine wasn't going to hurt the baby and that if I didn't take it I was only putting more stress on the baby because I was hurting.
I was able to go back to work Monday and I worked the whole week feeling perfectly fine! I even felt fine the whole weekend! I for real thought they were gone.
Hahaha :)
Well....that next Monday once I got to work I felt like I had a UTI. I was peeing every 5 minutes and hardly anything was coming out. So, again I called my doctor and they wanted me to come in right away to check my urine. By the time I got to the doctor my back was hurting again in the same place - I just knew the kidney stones were back! :(
My urine showed no blood and even looked normal which I thought was strange since I was peeing so much. They ended up ordering a vaginal ultrasound and y'all let me just tell you when she turned that wand to the left I came up off that table and just cried because it hurt so bad. The ultrasound tech knew then she needed to look at my kidneys. Guess what?!? The left was was enlarged. Which meant something was blocking it.
My doctor was livid because I had been in so much pain for so long that he ordered a urologist to see me that day and for the kidney stone to be taken out then. Since I had dealt with kidney stones in the past and ended up having to have a stint put it I knew I wasn't to see that same doctor. He's supposed to be one of the best in the area.
After doing two more ultrasounds that night they finally decided to go in a see if they could see anything to remove.
Dr. Jiminez (my urologist) performed the surgery. I ended up having to get a epidural since I was so early they didn't want to put me to sleep and risk hurting the baby or me miscarrying. Everyone in that operating room was scared to touch me because I was only 10 weeks which made me only more nervous, because you could clearing see they didn't want to touch me.
Not only did he end up finding a kidney stone, but it was SO big that he couldn't even get the stint beside it to try and move it. He ended up having to blast it and if I remember correctly he compared it to a black eye pea. Which is pretty big when it comes to a kidney stone. He sent it off to be tested and it came back that it was a calcium stone.
He put in a stint and I was to wear it for the next week. Again, worse pain ever!
When he took the stint out the following week there were already crystals forming to the stint. Crystals are what turn into stone. And if y'all have never had a stint, it basically serves the purpose of keeping that tube open to help you pass the rest of the pieces of stone you may have in you. Well, instead of my body passing them they just cling to that tube and build on top of each other which in return make them so big that I can't pass them. :( Just my luck, right!?!
SOO - long story short, I'm on a strict Stone Diet and I have to drink at least a gallon of water a day.
Now, I'm usually pretty good about drinking water. I hardly ever drink tea or coke. But, a gallon of water - that is hard!!!
Once I have this baby, my urologist said he was "going to run me through the ringer" to see what was going on my my body. :( Not something to look forward too!
Anyways - I was doing so good the week I got back to work. THEN last Friday morning I was hit with none other than the STOMACH VIRUS!!!
I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried. Ha!
I was sitting on the toilet and hugging the garbage can all day Friday and some of the day Saturday. I know TMI, but it's my blog! :)
I finally started feeling better Sunday night - Thank the Good Lord! :)
And hopefully, I'm good to go from now on. I'm tired of being sick. I've basically thrown up every day for almost the last month. No fun! I've lost over 8 pounds and I haven't been able to eat hardly anything good.
I've put so much stress, I know, on my Momma, D and grandparents!! But seriously without them I wouldn't have been able to get through it. They were by my side the whole way praying for me and waiting on me hand and foot. It seriously means the world to have the best family ever!
I know this post was boring but I wanted to document it since it was part of my pregnancy.
I should have my first Weekly Update up tomorrow!!!! :)






2 comments:
WOW!!! We were just talking about you "getting over a kidney stone". That is so crazy how much you had to go through to get that thing out!!! You and baby are ok, correct?!
Oh wow!!! I'm so sorry! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is smooth sailing and no more of this!!
Post a Comment