Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Getting in Shape...

Ya'll I seriously need to get in shape. It's sad, because I'm 25 years old and I get winded when I just walk up a flight of stairs!! Ha.

I mean I used to be a Cheerleader and could run and work out with the best of them. I had no flab what so ever on my body - it was solid rock! But, after I graduated H.S. I just didn't care anymore - isn't that sad?!? I mean we only have one body, one life, shouldn't we take care of it and look our best??

My only problem...

FOOD - I LOVE IT!!!

In the past, I had every intention to work out and get in shape - I have bought an elliptical (which I have now sold - because I used it maybe 30 times), I would start walking the neighborhood and stop in a week or two, I bought an IPod to listen to when I was working out and is now in a drawer, I bought tons of work out videos and some still have the plastic on them, and don't even get me started on the infomercials stuff I have purchased - haha!!

*they get me every time*

So, like I said, I've had good intentions but as soon as someone says "you want to go here" or "I wish you would make this" - it all goes down the drain because I don't have this thing called WILL POWER!!!
BUT - I'm going to give it one more shot.

So...I started walking last night! :) I walked two miles. I know that's not a lot, but it's better than me sitting on the couch, right!! I figured if I blogged about it and was held accountable by ya'll, then I had to do it. I want to lose about 10-15 pounds. I mean this is how serious I am - I'm going to tell ya'll my weight!!! This morning I weighed and it said....132!!!! That is the biggest I have ever been in my whole life and I hate it!! So, every Wednesday I'm going to weigh and then blog about it.
SO, we'll see if this works!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh girl I feel ya! After high school I got a desk job....so I was literally sitting on my butt all day! I actually got very motivated and was doing great and then- I got pregnant. I've worked out maybe 3 times since having Wren so I have got to back at it! I'm starting to gross myself out! haha! And I so almost ordered a workout they were advertising the other day- Brazilian Butt. It does look amazing!

Nicole said...

OH DITTO!!! This is the story of m life....why am I SOO lazy?
Nice to meet you Erin, love your blog!!!
I dont know why my "followers" disapeared, when it comes back join!!!
have a wonderful week!