Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm a horrible mother!!!

I DROPPED MY BABY!!!

* my baby is my dog*

FROM MY SHOULDERS TO THE HARD WOOD FLOOR!!! I KNOW, I KNOW - I'M HORRIBLE AND I'M ALREADY RECONSIDERING NOT HAVING KIDS AFTER THAT INCIDENT!

Let me explain, Lexi is spastic when you get her out of her crate! It's like you have left her in there for 3 days straight and she never thought you were coming back. It's that crazy!! And when she gets excited all she wants to do is run around your neck. She doesn't really kiss you, she just runs around and around.
So, this night we got back from eating and like every time I get her out of her crate, I'm standing up and she is just running around my neck and I'm following her with my hands, so she doesn't fall. Well, she was really excited and I just couldn't keep up with her and she fell from my shoulders onto the hard wood floor. I know, I know - awful!!!
But, the good thing was she didn't yelp at all. She was just walking crazy, but I know it had to shake her up to hit that hard. So, I just kept getting her to come to me so she could kind of walk it off. Again, she looked fine, so I didn't think much about it.
About 10 mins later, I hear this noise that sounds like someone wadding up paper. I asked Momma if she heard it and when we both looked down, there was Lexi, dragging her back leg across the floor.
I literally just lost it - like fell in the floor and started crying. It was my fault that my baby was limping and it killed me. I mean hello, she isn't even ONE YET and I've already hurt her!!! Needless to say, Momma had to see if she was okay at this point and get her to try and walk to her. When she was walking to Momma she just would fall over on her side. At that point, I was ready to take her to the ER and get her looked out, but Momma said that obviously she was fine since she wasn't yelping, holding it up when she walked, and when Momma touched on it and moved it Lex didn't flinch. We really think it just got knocked out of socket, or she sprained it.
She is fine now, but she still favors it when she is going down the steps and when she sits.
I'm getting her fixed and some teeth pulled within the next month, so I'm just going to have them look at it then. I mean she is playing fine and running around, so I'm trying not to worry about it and let her be.

I'll let ya'll know what the doctor says.


Here is a picture of the lil' stinker 4th of July weekend, when we were going to spend the day with D's family...

1 comment:

Momma said...

You are not a horrible mother! Those little stinkers just get away from you before you know it. She is fine! Stinkin' rotten, but fine!