Friday, July 16, 2010

Prayers

I took my Momma and step-dad to the airport this morning to meet my sister - they are flying to Baltimore to help my grandparents bring back my Granny's sister. She is really sick!!

Peggy (my granny's sister) weighs seventy (or eighty) something pounds, has cancer in both lungs and is a diabetic. She is unable to take care of herself and her children don't treat her the way they should. So, my grandparents have went up there to get her and move her back down here to live with them, so she can get the proper care that she needs. She just got out of the hospital yesterday under the care of Hospice. That is how bad it is.

My step-dad is driving the U-Haul truck back down here (with the help of my momma) and my sister is riding with my granny to help watch over Peggy to make sure she does okay on the ride down here. And my Papaw is following behind them. Really, Peggy isn't in any shape to make this ride, but there isn't any other way to get here down here. She has to have oxygen on at all times and she is very weak. When she left the hospital they gave her enough oxygen for 18 hours - I'm praying that is enough!

I love my grandparents with all my heart and really this breaks my heart for my granny because this is her sister!!! She is up there packing her up and bringing her back down here knowing in the back of her mind, that Peggy might not make it the whole trip and if Lord willing she does, that she might not have that much longer once she is down here.

I seriously can't imagine what granny is going through!! I have a sister and I LOVE HER SO MUCH - I can't imagine how my granny is feeling!! She has once again, like she has my whole life, showed me what it means to be selfless, to put others before your own needs, and to love unconditionally!! I'm very thankful I have a granny like that.

We all know God can do incredible things, so if you don't mind say a little prayer that they have safe travels back down here, that Peggy is able to make the whole trip without anything happening, and that when she gets down here that she is able to build her strength back up with the care of my grandparents and that during this time my grandparents remain healthy to do so.


Thanks!! :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh man Erin, praying for your family! That has got to be so tough, so sorry.