I listen to him daily from 11 - 2 and he really helps me get through my day!! I love nothing more than to hear him call someone "ignorant" because they bring home over $200,000 and they have more than that in debt and want to borrow to pay it off! Those people that call in and act like they are living right are just asking for the worst from Dave!!!!
I don't follow his "plan" but I take what he says and apply it to my life that suites me and D the best! Our motto is if we can't pay for it in cash, then we don't need it. We have a good bit of money in savings, but the rule there is we don't touch it once it's in there - unless it's an emergency. And Emergency means pretty much death! :)
Dave is VERY smart!!! I learn a lot from just listening to him. I think the more stories I hear of people so far in debt that they can't see, only inspires me to never be like that!!!! Basically it comes do to living within your means! That's hard for a lot of people.
My mom bought me the Financial Peace Book and I've read bits and pieces of it here and there. Some things I think Dave is too strict on, but I also feel like I'm one of those people that is very careful with my money and use it wisely. There are a lot of people that aren't like that.
Before D and I were married he basically lived paycheck to paycheck and only had a little in savings. Get this - he made double what I made!! When we really got serious and started discussing finances, I told him something had to change. He was totally for it. His problem, no one in his family told him that he should have been doing differently. I know, I know - he is a grown adult and should have known, but some people, just don't know that stuff.
So, needless to say we are on a budget and we, well I really like it!! ;)
If you don't listen to him, you should. If you don't have his book, go out and buy it.
You won't regret it!!! :)






4 comments:
My buddy just went and saw him in Dallas a few weeks ago!
I saw him last year in NC. He was so motivating. We have tried to implement some of his methods. We don't have a ton of debt, so it's more of budgeting and saving. It's hard to do when you don't make a lot to start with.
I feel dumb, but didn't realize he had a book! I'm definitely going to pick it up soon. We don't follow his plan exactly, but definitely implement some of the things he suggests.
I do, I do! That man literally changed our life. Being debt free has given us the freedom to say "yes" where God wants us to and live a life not based on consumerism and fear!
So glad to hear you love him, too!
Post a Comment