God Is Love!
Pretty simple right?
Well, I got it wrong!
Daniel, he got it right!
Let me say this first before I go any further. Daniel was not raised in Church growing up. The only people that attend Church in his family are his Aunt, Uncle and three cousins. He went when he was in High School, but that was about it and he doesn't go now. My Momma made my sister and I go to Church almost every Sunday. So, I was in Church a lot more than he was. Anyways, I was blown away at how much Daniel knew when it came to Doug asking us questions. I told him one night when we were leaving, that he wasn't supposed to know those questions, I was. His response "I guess I've studied the bible a little bit more." Well, your right buddy you have!! :) Doug, our pastor, gave us homework each night. The first night our homework assignment was to memorize Genesis 2:22-24 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. Pretty easy, right!? Well, we got an A on that assignment!!!! :) I'm writing this down for the simple reason that once we recited it to Doug he let us go. Before we left the parking lot that night D said something to me that I'll probably go to my grave remembering. He looked at me and said "Erin (when he says Erin, I know he means business) that really hit home for me. I never looked at marriage as leaving your mother and father, and the husband and wife becoming one. But, I see it now and I want you to know that you will always come first in my life. We are one. I'll support you with everything you want to do and I'll stand beside you while you do it." This may not seem like a lot to some people, but D doesn't do well with showing his feelings - he hides everything. Guy thing? Maybe! But, when he got done telling me that I couldn't speak. I was just crying. All I kept thinking to myself was "if this is how he feels now, I can't imagine 30 years from now" :)






2 comments:
Great post! We had intense marriage counseling before our wedding that I went into as something just to "check off" before we got married but it was the best thing we ever did for our relationship!
I love that verse you quoted, so perfect for a man and woman about to become husband and wife!
Aww that's sweet. It's good y'all went to those sessions. We probably should have done something like that, but we didn't get married at a church. We enjoy the daily devotional from the guys who did the Love Dare and the movie Fireproof.
Cute blog! Thanks for stopping by mine too!
Post a Comment