Thursday, May 20, 2010

Advice...

Okay - so I need some advice.

I have had my dog, Lexi, for 8 months. I got her when she was just 5-1/2 weeks old. I know, some of ya'll are thinking, wow - that is really too young to take a pup from it's momma, but just hear me out first. The lady I got Lexi from is the same lady my sister got Sophie from and one of my sister's friends got their dog from the same lady. So, I just thought since Sophie came from there and so did her friends dog and they didn't have any complications then I would get my dog from there. Plus, this lady was selling them for like half the price that I could get them anywhere else, so that was like a major plus!!!

After, I graduated college I started really thinking about getting one since I had more time on my hands. I told my sister one day to stop by there on her way home and ask the lady when she would have her next litter of Yorkies. Well, to my luck, one of the momma's was actually in labor as Amber drove up!!! Amber called me when she left and I couldn't have been more excited.

First of all, let me tell you a little bit about this lady's house. It's nasty!! She breeds dogs and sells flowers as her income. Now, I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that but the place is gross!!! She keeps all her dogs outside and according to my brother-in-law (he knows a lot about dogs and the akc code stuff) she does everything she is supposed to do, so she doesn't get shut down!! Well, whatever - that's a bunch of crap!! That lady needs to be shut down in my opinion! I seriously lost count of how many dogs she had, the piles of poop there was and when you were looking at them you could hardly see their eyes because of the matted stuff that was in them - broke. my. heart! And I'm sure it takes a lot of time to clean their cages out, but if that's your business then DO IT!!!

Okay - D and I had already planned a weekend to go over there, so we just stopped and saw the puppies. They were just babies and didn't even have their eyes open, so I couldn't really tell anything about them. Okay - fast forward 4 weeks. Me and my mom had planned a trip to my sister's one weekend and we were also going to pick out the dog I wanted. Well, we went over there - I think it was a Friday night - and just played with the two female dogs, to see which one I clicked more with; well, I immediately fell in love with the first one I saw and my mom and sis tried to talk me into getting the other one because it had more personality!! So, I told her which one I wanted and that was it. I asked her when I could come back and she said in a week.
Now, let me tell you about this lady's house. NASTY!!! Wet floors, from I don't know what. We're assuming dog pee, but we really didn't know. There was a small cage with a 3 month (?) old Yorkie in it that was walking on his poop and pee (okay - clean the cage, lady), the lady barely made it to her house because she was out of breath, so when she got inside she had to put on oxygen and then she lit up a cigarette...umm, hello!!!! When we were playing with the puppies and you held them up in front of you all you could see was flea's just crawling around all over them! :( It was so sad. I mean when we left, we felt so dirty. All I wanted to do was go grab all those dogs and take them home with me!!!

So, the next Friday D and I go back to get Lexi. We pick her up, pay the lady and get a piece of paper with the mom's name, dad's name and their AKC numbers and I tell her that I want Lexi to be AKC registered. I didn't pay her the full amount because I didn't have the papers yet, and she was okay with that. She said that she would get the papers in about 3 wks. Okay. So, she signs the bottom and so do I. So, we go to my sisters and give Lex a bath. Listen to this - 1 tick and about 30-40 fleas fall off of a 5-1/2 wk old baby yorkie!!!!! Is that not horrible!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh - just makes me mad just thinking about all those other babies she has!!! Lexi had a lot of health problems the first 3 to 4 months due to "filth." But, now she is perfectly fine :)

Here is where I need your advice - I still have yet to get the papers from the lady!!! I have called the lady since I have picked Lexi up and asked where they were and just got told story after story. My sister has called and went by there and got told story after story. I really feel like she is just giving us the run around. I mean she gave my sister AKC papers, so I know she can do it. And I mean it's not like it costs her an arm and a leg - it's $25 for the whole litter!! She told my sister it had something to do with Lexi's dad. I think they can only be bred so many times a year??? And he was over his limit, I think. I don't know. So, this past week I decided that I was going to call her one more time and be nice about it before I told her I was going to take her to small claims court. When she answered I asked why she hadn't called me back and she told me that she couldn't call out and then click!!! The ole' hag hung up on me!!! I was furious to say the least. After doing some research it really doesn't do me much good to take her to court because she doesn't have any income. So, I'm at a loss on what to do. Give up, keep fighting, what?

What would ya'll do???

-erin

No comments: