Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Can you tell the difference??

For awhile now I have been convinced that JCPenney and Pottery Barn have the same buyer or atleast buyers who are best friends! :) I have found room set ups on JCPenneys website that are EXACTLY the same as on Pottery Barn's site. Whether or not this is true, they do have some very similar pieces. The main difference, you ask?? Price. Check out some of these examples...


Can you tell which one of these are from Pottery Barn?









The top photo is from JCP and costs $1500. Bottom photo is from PB costs $3600!!




How about these? Which one cost more money?







The top photo is from JCP and costs $799 (pillows included), bottom photo from PB costs $2300.












The top photo is from PB and costs $999, bottom photo from JCP costs $499.

Personally, I think the JCP version looks better!!!




The top photo is from JCP and costs $299, bottom photo from PB costs $599.







The top photo is from PB and costs $799, bottom photo from JCP costs $239.








The top photo is from PB and costs $499, bottom photo from JCP costs $199.









The top photo is from JCP and costs $169, bottom photo from PB costs $299.
This one is kind of scary how much they look alike!!









The top photo is from JCP and costs $799, bottom photo from PB costs $1599.








This one is actually a trick! The JCP version is actually more expensive.

The top photo is from JCP and costs $1643, bottom photo from PB costs $43 less at an even $1600.


I know this was a long post but talk about Ah-mazing!! And to think this is just the tip of the iceberg...there are SO MANY more examples on their sites. Maybe I can find the picture that was EXACTLY the same. It was of an office and was literally the same picture on both sites. If I do find it - I'll do another post to show ya'll!!! :)


Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did!!!

6 comments:

Random Musings said...

I also LOVE how many people are obsessed with Pottery Barn, I get that the stuff is nice but like the research you have done ITS ALWAYS OUT THERE SIMILAR FOR ALMOST 1/2 PRICE.

Good for you for doing your research though....

I however can not shop online for furniture I am a touch and feel kinda girl

Bonnie @ House of Grace said...

That is hilarious!!! You have a great eye to notice that.
Bonnie :)

Brittany said...

Hey lady – sorry I have been MIA, but I wanted you to know that I have been reading, slowly but surely – life has just been too crazy!

Man, I am beyond glad that you pointed this out, I would have never compared the two (why do I always forget that JCP carries furniture, nice furniture?!) – thanks for the heads up!

Heather said...

Wow, great comparisons!! I got Emma's bed from JCP after seeing an identical one in PBK catalog that I loved!! They are very similar and I liked some of the JCP ones better!

Rachel said...

I'm totally not JUST saying this...but I picked which one I liked more before I looked at the prices...and on all but one, I seriously thought the cheaper one was the more expensive one! How crazy! I'm gonna have to do some JCP shopping ASAP :)

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

Thanks for doing this post. I got two wrong...and will certainly be looking at the JCP website!