Monday, August 20, 2012

Happy One Year Anniversary

Today D and I are celebrating our One Year Anniversary!!

It seems like it was just yesterday that a friend of mine sent me a message on Facebook asking how I was and telling me that she had someone in mind for me.  At the time, I wanted nothing to do with boys. I had just basically been screwed over and drained dry from my first marriage and the thought of dating or much less even giving a boy a ounce of my attention discussed.  I told Kristen "Not now, but Thank you" and that was it for about a month.  She again sent me another message telling me how good of a guy he was, that he was super sweet and he wanted to just "talk."  I thought what the heck could it hurt, so I said "okay, he can message me on Facebook, but that is it!" lol



We messaged back and forth on Facebook for about 3 months and then I decided  he was worthy enough to have an actual e-mail address. Ha! That sounds bad doesn't it?!?

Again, we e-mailed for about 2 months and then we went out on our first date. 
I knows this sounds so cliche but really....the rest was history!


We went out on several dates and dated for 3 years before he asked me to marry him.  I thought I was ready to kick him to the road if he didn't ask me.  We were both ready, so what in the world was he waiting on??  Now, he says it was me. Ha - go figure!

This past year has been amazing to say the least!  We have learned so much about each other and grew together as a couple more than I ever thought was possible.  He is literally my best friend and the thought of coming home to him every afternoon, makes me happier than I have ever been in my life. 


He spoils me rotten and treats me better than ANY guy has every treated me in my whole entire life!


Everyone always asks me if I could do it over again would I marry my first husband?  I've always struggled with answering that, but really I would - because marrying him and going through what we did brought me to D and made me appreciate a marriage so much more than I ever did.  I grew A  LOT after my first marriage ended and I took what I learned and have applied it to our marriage.  

I try not and sweat the small stuff...
If I'm gripping over something that isn't going to matter tomorrow, then really what's the point in gripping?
Listening to each other is very important - he has feelings too!
Praying together!  D might not go to Church every time the doors open, but we pray together and that in itself means more to me than anything!
Being in control......well, what can I say....I'm still working on that one! ;) 


 I love you baby! Thank you for everything!! :)
   

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1 year anniversary!! :)

Michelle said...

Happy one year! I'm sure the best is yet to come :))

For some reason I'm thinking you were married the same day as Kim K - so big congrats on making it longer than her!

Lindsey said...

happy one year!:)