I knew I had to have one. Well, since my Mom is like "the best mother ever" she granted my wish and bought it for me for Christmas last year!!! Talk about being excited!! :) Everything in her cookbook looks divine and seriously if your mouth isn't watering after just reading one of her recipes then something is wrong with you!!
Well, finally after six months I got up enough courage to try one of her recipes. And, since I'm in love with my man and he loves (I mean loves) meat I decided to make him Marlboro Man's Favorite Sandwich. I know, I know - I'm the best!! :)
I have to say when I first saw this recipe I thought it looked like a greasy mess. I was not impressed at all - I mean I had never had cubed steak and when I saw what cubed steak looked like it just grossed me out even more. But, like I said, since I love D and he loves meat I decided to put myself aside and make it for him. Btw - I'm really trying hard on this whole putting yourself aside and putting the other one first, but that's a whole 'nother post in its self!!
SO - I made it last night and let me just tell you it was DELISH!!! There are a couple of things I would do over though, like tenderizing the meat. It was WAY to thick for a Sandwich and I wouldn't have used all the butter she did. But, hey - cooking is just trial an error, right!
All in all, at the end of the night D was happy and full and that's all that matters!!! :)
Next, I'm going to try the Chicken Spaghetti. And I'm really looking forward to that!!! I mean look at it - YUMMY!!!!






2 comments:
I have that cookbook too and I made that sandwhich. It really is good, but my fav so far in the book is the meatballs!! To die for!! Try those next :)
Thanks Amber! I'll put that on my list to try next! :)
Post a Comment