Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Never say Never

I have always been one of those girls that said she would never date someone that hunted and killed innocent precious animals. I watched my dad growing up bring home bambi after bambi and it just broke my heart.


Well, I'm here to say that I'm eating my words.


Not only have I dated someone for the past two and half years that kills anything that is in season, but I married him last Saturday.


Need Proof?








Don't get me wrong, it still breaks my heart, but I'm usually over it in a couple of minutes. D has said from day one that he is just saving us money by "bringing home the meat." That is true honey, but you seem to forget easily that I don't eat deer, squirrel, rabbit, or ducks. I really only like Turkey. I will eat deer but it has to be cooked just right and then I'm still not that crazy about it.


I told him just the other day that I would appreciate it if he would kill more Turkey's than Deer this year. He just laughed and said ooookay.


Well, I did the unthinkable last year. Daniel took me shootin one day and supposedly I did really well, since I had never shot a gun in my whole life. So, he asked me did I want to go hunting the next week. I of course said sure because I really didn't think we would see anything. Well, the day came and when D picked me up he got so irratated at me because I had make-up on. my hair all fixed and had smelly good stuff on. lol He procedded to say "Erin, we won't see anything with you smelling like that.....goodness." I told him that if he thought that I was going to look like poo just to hunt he was crazy, because what if I did shoot something - I would have to have my picture taken.


Picture taking = looking your best ;)


Well, when we got to the field and started walking up the mountain I had just about had it with him by the time we got to "our spot". I was walking behind him, so he could "lead the way." Well, let's just say that will NEVER happen again - I will lead. I got slapped in the face with branch after branch because he would hold it for himself then let it go. He kept saying "sorry baby I'm just not used to another person being with me."


Well, when we got to our spot guess what happened?? Yep, I had to pee! LOL So, he took me to a spot where I could pee. By this point we should have already been set up and getting ready to look for deer, because it was just about sunset.


Finally, we got back to the rock and set up. No more than, thirty minutes later D whispers "there's one" I of course couldnt' see it unless I looked through the scope.


I sighted it in, like he told me to, and just pulled the trigger not thinking twice about it.


And this is the end result! :)



Yep, I shot a deer. A bambi at that. :)


Well, the other day we went "looking for deer" and saw three of the biggest bucks I had ever seen in my life. The biggest D has ever seen in this area. I got so excited!!!! I was ready to kill one right then. Then, D informed me that we still have THREE months!


I'm counting down.... :)


2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Dylan loves to hunt, but I will never go with him! I want to go shooting with him, but that's it for me! And if he brings anything home, I'm NOT to see it!

Natalie and Lee said...

AWW! YAY... can't wait to see more pictures!!!