Monday, August 1, 2011

This day or That day

I didn't want to write this post at all, because I was afraid of what might come of it. But, I had to remind myself that I use this blog as a journal. So, therefore I write what I feel, regardless if any of you like it or not. I want to remember what all went on in my day to day life ten years from now.

SO, in saying that I should just forewarn you, this post is all about me venting.

So, if you don't want to read - stop now!!!



I've been married before. It's not something I have ever talked about on this blog and I doubt after this post, will I ever again. But, it's part of my past and my past has made me the person I am today.


I don't recall the first time I got married, that so many people felt that they needed to voice their opinions on what day I should pick to get married on or who all we needed to invite. Maybe they forgot or maybe they just don't care - but this day is about me and Daniel!!! So, if it doesn't fit into your schedule, then I'm sorry. We aren't here to accommodate you!!!


From day one, Daniel has told me that he wants a very small wedding! And I'm totally okay with that. I had the big hoop-la the first time around and look where that got me. ;)

No, seriously I want this time to be about what D wants, since I have already experienced it.

So, if he wants a small wedding, then that is what we are having.

I don't care.

But, I don't want to put out $5,000 on wedding just to entertain our guests or for them to have something to talk about months from now, because when you have a wedding that is basically what you are doing. Now don't get me wrong - I loved everything about planning my first wedding. But, once it was over and done with I would have given anything to have all that money back. It just seemed like such a waste afterwards.


So, back to the point. All D has ever wanted was for us to just have our immediate family at the wedding. Immediate meaning - parents, siblings, and grandparents. Ever since we have told people that was how it was going to be, they have felt like they needed to ask "Well, are you inviting so and so?" No. We aren't "Well, is it going to cost anymore for them to be there"

No. It wont.

But, what I really wanted to say was - Is this your wedding? Are you paying for any of this? Have you had a good attitude about this, since we have told you we were getting engaged?

All those answers would be.......NO!!!


The last thing we want is for someones feelings to get hurt. But, we realized that it would probably happen through out this process and we just had to be okay with it and not let it get to us. Which, is easier said than done.


Another problem I have, is for you to tell me when I should have my wedding!!!! Seriously!?!?

Like I said earlier, if it doesn't fit into your schedule, then don't come. We are more than likely going to get married this month. Which came to a HUGE surprise Friday night when we told some of our families. They didn't say anything, but their facial expressions showed it all.

Which is enough.

Yes, we understand that it is soon. But, what does it matter? We have been together for two and half years and we have said from day one this is what we wanted. We knew we wanted nothing more than a short engagement. Now, don't get me wrong - we knew that something would be said, but we thought it would have come from our friends. Not, the people that should support us in everything.


We are 26 and 28 years old. We are more than ready to start our lives together and see what all is ahead of us on this journey we are about to embark on.

We can't quit talking about how much fun we are going to have...

* going on vacation together each year or whenever we want

* last minute weekend trips, just to get away

* babies (give us a year before you ask when they are coming)

Trying to find land for us to build our forever home

and just doing everything together!!! :)


Seriously, it makes me just want to scream at how happy my life is!!!!

I know everything is not going to be perfect with me and D, but as long as we have each other, I truly feel we can make it through anything.


If there is one thing that D has taught me in the past two years it is to not sweat the small stuff and pick your battles. And wow, how much of a difference that has made in our relationship!!!!


When I look back on all the arguments that I had in my first marriage - wow, so petty!!!


So, all that to say - we are doing what WE want because this day is about us!!! :)


Sorry - for venting and if it didn't make any sense to you. If you have made it this far - then props to you!!!! :)



3 comments:

Michelle said...

I think that is great! I LOVED my small, intimate wedding on the beach with just our closest friends. It was perfect, and that's what a wedding should be.

Amber said...

It is definitely y'alls day and you should do it however you both choose! Don't let anyone try to talk you into something other than what you want. I'm so happy for you and it isn't about the wedding anyway. It's about the marriage. Your focus should be on that, not hurting other people's feelings!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! There are things I would've done differently but I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings...we even got the "you shouldn't get married in the fall because people might not want to miss ball games" seriously? If someone loves football more than coming to my wedding obviously they don't need to be there anyway. =) The wedding is about you guys and your new life together. You already know that though. It will be great no matter what and people will get over it! Then you'll have to hear them tell you what you should name your children! ha!