Y’all this seriously was the hardest thing ever to do! I was beyond blessed to get 12 weeks off with
my little girl and it was the best ever.
But once we started getting into a routine and she was sleeping through
the night I only had a couple more weeks left with her. Not fair at all!
I had huge mommy guilt on returning to work. We aren’t one of those families that can make
it on one income. We could but we
wouldn’t be able to do anything fun and honestly who wants to live that
way. Mondays were the hardest because
you get two full days with your family and have fun and then you return to work
for 5 days. Probably for 3 weeks
straight I cried every Monday morning on the way to work.
We started Kennedy out in a home daycare, which we thought
at the time was the right thing. The
lady came Highly recommend and we were on a waiting list for almost a
year. We even had to start paying before
she got here, so in my mind I thought “yeah! she’s that good so we don’t mind
at all to start paying ahead of time to reserve our spot.”
We’ll come to find out that wasn’t the best place for
Kennedy. Don’t get me wrong the lady and
her daughter were SO sweet and probably some of the best people you would have
ever met, but all in all they wanted to raise Kennedy. They wanted to be the ones to decide when she
starts solids, when to take a bottle away and when to give Kennedy her
juice. When I found about everything I
became a Mad Momma and honestly went off on her – maybe not the best thing to
do, but at the time I couldn’t help it.
I told her real quick she was not K’s mother and I was paying her to
watch my child – not raise her. We
didn’t leave on good terms needless to say...
K is now at a local Church and honestly it was a total God
sent! We took K out of the home daycare
on Friday, I called the local Church Friday afternoon and she started
Monday. We finally had so much peace
about where she was going. She
progressed so much within the first week of being there and after a month it
was just unreal what all she was doing!
She’s been there since last September and we love it more and more every
day! I get pictures all the time, they
ask me before they do anything on giving new stuff and they are always sending
projects home that K did at school that I just LOVE!!!
Dropping her off is still hard and I’ve been doing it coming
up on a year now, but honestly I don’t think it will ever get easier. As much as I would love to stay home and get
to see all the firsts and watch my daughter grow into the little person she is
becoming, we both love a good routine!
She loves going to daycare and I love coming to work – most days! ;
) Nothing melts mine and my husband’s
hearts more than us picking her up in the afternoon and seeing the huge smile
on her face when she spots us!
I know I'm not the only Momma that struggles with this and if you are a new Momma that is still on leave or a Momma-To-Be and will be returning back to work. Please know that I pray daily for people that go through this.






No comments:
Post a Comment