I'm not sure how I'll make it through this post without having a complete come apart. My sweet angel will be a year old tomorrow! How is that possible? It seems like just yesterday I took a test, then we told our family, had our reveal party, she made her entrance and now here we are celebrating her birthday! I never in my life believed people when they said it flies by. But, good golly they were so right!
Sweet girl, you have brought so much happiness to so many people! I can't even explain - just your presence or seeing your smiling face makes so many peoples day! Your daddy and I never knew we could love someone as much we love you. Your daddy is held over heels in love with you and it melts my heart seeing him in the floor playing with you, clapping and cheering you on when you take a couple of steps or figure something out yourself. And talk about becoming a pile of mush when I tell you to go find daddy and you go right to him and motion for him to pick you up all while saying "da-da" over and over!
You're a Poppa's girl through and through! At first y'all were both a little unsure about what to do with each other. He would just talk to you and you would just watch him. Now, you'll pass Granna straight up to go right to Poppa! Which melts his heart! I'm so happy you have him as Poppa and can't wait to see the relationship y'all form over the next few years! Granna is your buddy and when your with them and something happens that's who you want! There is nothing better than a Momma and Grandmothers touch, I can tell you that! Both of them have to FaceTime a couple times a week so they can see you!
I don't even think I can put into words the Life you've brought back to your Granny and Papaw. To see them get down in the floor with you and play just tickles my heart and you love them so much. The smile on their faces when you smile and reach for them is everything - they honestly live for it, I really believe!!
And Oh my goodness, I don't even know where to begin with your Aunt Ber. Sometimes I wonder if you love her more than your Momma! It's hard because she's two hours away, but you'd never know it. We FaceTime almost every night and sometimes 30 minutes to an hour! You laugh at her, roll the ball to her, talk to her, give kisses through the IPad and always say Bye and wave when we're getting off. I'm so thankful y'all have the relationship y'all and I can already see during the summers you'll probably be over there as much as you are at home!
I wanted to write all this down, so we'd be able to look back on it years to come and remember!
You have learned so much this past year! We struggled with a lot, because we really had no clue what we were doing. But, looking back I think we've done great! You're doctor says you're right where you need to be and we all think your So Smart!! You pick up on anything and everything and are such a social butterfly. I hope that never changes. We can be walking through Wal-Mart or Lowes and you'll just be waving and smiling at the people walking by. You have such a gentle heart and when we get on to you, usually all we have to do is get sturn. Unless your in a stubborn mood then sometimes your leg or hand will get swatted. But, goodness the look on your face. We usually have to walk away because it breaks our heart and we'll end up smiling or just hugging you. Ha! And that isn't good.
I cannot wait until this next year! I think we'll have so much fun and make so many more memories now that you'll be getting older.
I thank God for your precious life every day, sweet girl!
We love you more than life itself, Kenni Brooke!












No comments:
Post a Comment