Tuesday, April 15, 2014

New House

We decided a couple of months after K got here that we really needed something bigger than what we were living in at the time.  Y'all remember where we bought our dream land.  So, of course we got a quote on building my dream house and let me just tell you - building your dream house on your dream land comes with a small penny!  We were blown away at how much it was going to cost and that didn't even include putting in a septic tank, get a well put in and clearing the lot. 
 
So, we decided to just build in a subdivision right up the road from where we were living.  It's a small subdivision and we love it.  A lot of people that live there we know - either we go to Church with them or D graduated with them and a plus is they have kids around K's age.  So, that will be fun in years to come if we all stay there to watch them grow up together and play outside! :)
 
Here are a few pictures that I took along the way. 






 
We are loving all the extra room and it's an open floor plan which I didn' tknow if I would like, but I LOVE it!!!  This wasn't the plan we had when we first renovated the house house, but that's okay because Daniel and I both can see ourselves here for a long time.
 
And just this past week, D's "Man Cave" got finished!  He is one happy boy and I'm happy because all his junk is no longer allowed in my garage!!! :)
 
 


I'll have to take a recent one with both the house and the garage together! :)
 
 
 
  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was your building experience painful??! We built and moved in at the end of Dec last year. The whole building process was a huge headache!!
It's nice since we have been in there, but boy was it an experience.