Monday, April 21, 2014

Party...1 year old style

I don't think we've could have asked for a better 1st Birthday for Miss Priss.  She took a 2 hour nap that morning, woke up 5 minutes before the guests started arriving and was Miss Social Butterfly the entire party.  Goign to people left and right she hasn't seen in forever!  Love her little personality.
 
We just kept it simple this year, since I'm sure in the years to come it will be a bigger blowout.  Plus, I'm a firm beliver why waste money on something she won't remember!  My husband Thanked me over and over for staying sain this year. ;)
D grilled out hotdogs and we just had chips and drinks!  Told ya - Small!
 
Here was the set up for the party! 
 
 
I'm not sure if I told you this or not, but I hate themed parties.  No offense to you Momma's that have had them, but they just aren't for me.  And I know, in the years to come that is all K is going to want to have, so this year - I picked the "theme"
 
The lady that did our gender reveal cake did her first birthday cake and like usual she did not disapoint.  She seriously makes some of the best cakes ever and her prices are cheap.  I got the cake below, a smash cake and 10 cupcakes for only $60! 



 
I borrowed this chalkboard sign, from a sweet friend and my fabulous sister wrote on it.

 
All the presents!

 
Here are her montly pictures - oh my goodness, talk about the tears flowing when I really looked at these!  My baby has grown SO fast! :(

 
My step-sister got her this cupcake headband!  It was so cute, but so big!! :)

 
Sweet pea loved opening the first present and when I messed up and showed her the button that made noise, she didn't care about any of the other ones! She just wanted to hit that button! Ha! :)



 
This was by far her most favorite gift.  Aunt Ber and Uncle Brewer bought this for her and the new is just now wearing off.  If you couldn't find her or it got quite, all we had to do was go look in the car.  I love that she loves it!!

 
This was her smash cake

 
 
She didn't have any problem digging in, but hoenstly she could have done without it.

 
Sharing with Momma! :)

 
Bath Time!!! :)


 
4 Generations and I love these women more than anything in this world!


 
By the end of the day, this is what her and her daddy thought...
So glad Amber caught this picture.  They were both worn out!

 
 
 

3 comments:

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

So sweet, what a special day!

Katie said...

Love it! We will probably keep it pretty low key as well. They grow too fast!

I love the idea of smash cake! We will definitely be doing that as well.

Jennifer Prod said...

what a lovely family - such a blessing! and that party looks like something straight out of a pinterest daydream :)