Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cookie Dash

I ran my second 5K a little over a month ago - April 21st.

I have to say though I really hadn't ran since I finished my last 5K.  I guess I just got burnt out on running every day and trying to make a good time.  So, I basically ran this one with no training or anything.  I didn't even stretch before hand - BIG mistake!!!  I cramped like crazy after the first mile and didn't quit until I crossed the finish line.  This race was in a subdivision and was nothing but hills, again something I'm not used to and you could definitely tell.

I've since been running 2-3 a week and it's been a lot more fun.  I really think I want to do the Couch to 5K because it actually teaches you how to pace yourself and really run.  I would love to finish a 5K in under 30 minutes.  That might not seem like a good time to some people, but it's right where I want to be - for now!  I finished this race in 38 minutes....kind of sad!

As you can see it was called Cookie Dash and they really gave out cookies at the end.  I thought that was SO neat and was all talk about how I was running for some cookies (ha!), but when I finished the last thing I wanted to see or smell were cookies.  I didn't even get one.....only a banana for this girl, but seriously people were scarfing them down. Yuck!

I got to run this race with some of my favorite people! :) 







LOL - as you can see I felt like I was about to die ;)






1 comment:

Michelle said...

How fun! I would totally be scarfing down the cookies!

And I really need to get motivated to begin running again, but I don't see it happening anytime soon :(