Friday, May 11, 2012

Then and Now

Master Bedroom Style

I told you in my last post that I just up and sold our Master Bedroom furniture right after Christmas.  We needed a bigger bed, so I thought now is the time to just totally transform this room! :)  I wanted something lighter and not so heavy with the next look.   I looked high and low for dressers, headboards, everything - nothing!  I knew we needed something with a lot of storage since that is something our house majorly lakes.  I also knew I wanted the rustic look too.  I mentioned to D about him building the headboard - he was all for it, as long as it was easy.  I found the one I wanted!  And get this once D started on it, it was done in 4 hours!!!! :)  

I found a lady off Facebook that re-did dressers.  We had her redo the dresser and chest of drawers.  D also made the nightstands and we had her finish them.  I LOVE how it has all come together!!! I'm still lacking stuff on the wall, but I know what I want, so it's just finding it.  

Here is the Before...
it's basically just of the furniture because these are the pictures I showed when trying to sell it.



 Here is the After...





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO pretty!

Michelle said...

It looks amazing! So jealous!

Unknown said...

... and seeing the difference is awesome! Hard work pays off!