Friday, May 11, 2012

House Pictures

I'm finally posting house pictures!! Go me!
I didn't clean or straighten up the house, so y'all get to see the real deal on what it looks like all the time. :)

Note - I will be adding more pictures to this as I see I forgot to take some! :)

Kitchen
Okay I'm standing in the back door here looking into the kitchen/laundry room
Again, I'm standing in the back door (same spot) but just turned to the right.  You see that counter there?  Yep - that's all there is!  So, all y'all that think you don't have enough counter space - I bet I got you beat! ;) 
 Here I'm standing in the hallway entrance to the kitchen.  You can see the door I was standing at in the first two pictures.  
All we did in here was lay tile, paint the cabinets, new counter top and sink, painted the trim, added baseboards and painted the back door 

 Dining Room
Here I am standing at the back door but just looking to the left into the Dining Room
We laid new tile, painted all the trim, added baseboards and painted the walls

Living Room
 here is another view of the dining room from me standing in the Living Room
In this room we painted, laid new hardwood, installed new baseboards, painted trim, and the biggest change was we installed sheet rock over the knotty wood pine paneling (we also did that in the dining room). :) 


I'm thinking I need curtain for the living room - what do y'all think?? 
look at Miss Priss posing! ;) 

 Hallway
I'm standing in the Living Room looking into the hallway
Here we just painted the trim, installed new baseboards and installed new floors 

Bathroom
 If you take an immediate right (once you enter the hallways) you are looking into the bathroom.  The doorway you can kind of see to the right in this picture is where I was standing when I took the last picture of the kitchen 
The bathroom got a complete makeover. We took it down to the studs - installed a new bathtub, vanity, D laid the floors, added the beaded board and installed baseboard and trim. 

The bathroom is small and I was so scared that Daniel and I wouldn't be able to make it with just one bathroom when we lived together let along have company over, but it is what it is and we've made do just fine!  We actually have never ran into a time to where we both needed to be in there at the same time. Although I know it's bound to happen! ;)
 


D's Room
If you were to take an immediate left once you entered the hallway you would be in D's room. 
There is nothing special about this room, but D loves it.
We painted the walls and ceiling, installed new floor and baseboards, along with a new ceiling fan. 
We are thinking this will be the baby room whenever that time comes! :)

 Guest Bedroom
Installed new carpet, painted the walls, trim, ceiling and installed a new fan
 This room is bright!!!!  In my house before this one, I went with all brown. I wanted a change and ventured out with color, but I have to say when we build I will still go with the all neutral/brown look.  I like this color, but I already want to paint it.

 Master Bedroom
 In this room we painted the walls, trim, ceiling, installed new floor and put in a new fan 



Lexi's Room ;)
The door that you see on the left still needs to be painted, but the thought of picking up a paint brush makes me want to scream - still!  Maybe that will get done in the near future!  The door you can kind of see to the right in this room enters into my tanning bed room - it's a complete disaster right now, so that is why there is no picture!  
This is where Lexi stays during the day - yes she is spoiled! 

Whelp, there it is folks!  It's small and there is no storage, but it works for us!  This is mine and D's first house together and that alone makes me love it SO much!  This house has really brought me back to reality and made me realize how much stuff I took for granted growing up.  I really think living here has made me appreciate the small things in life and for that I will be FOREVER grateful!!!
It's not about having the nicest house, a nice car, or about how much money you have - it's about family and love and this house if full of that! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cute is your home!!!

I love the clock, I want it! :) Where'd you get it at? And the color of that bathroom, TO.DIE.FOR! My favorite color EVER!


Cute.Cute.Cute!