Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Land Update #2

We heard from the Accountant Monday.  We didn't get the news we wanted to hear and to say I was crushed was an understatement!  They want WAY more than we were going to offer.  At first he wanted us to present an offer, then I replied back with questions we wanted answered before we submitted our offer, which in return I think bit us in the butt! :(
He called and basically said here is what we want and there is NO negotiating!!!  He said he was asking what it sold for at auction 2 years ago.  I know the numbers he gave me Monday was not what it sold for, because I know the guy that bought them back at auction but in return ended up backing out due to the contractor messing up the fourth lot and they weren't willing to fix it.  But, I really don't think that matters to him.  They aren't making anymore land and it's only going to appreciate over time, so basically you can't ask what you want and just hope for a cash offer.

So here is the latest....
We've backed down to just two lots instead of all four - the corner lot and the one beside it.  That is still over 2 acres which is plently!!  We are going to offer what he wants but it's contingent on appraisal and financing and we want to close in 30 days.  Daniel and I really do not think that the land will appraise for what he wants, but who knows!  Our dream is if it doesn't appraise then maybe he will reconsider on the price....doubt it....but we are going to be hopeful!

Daniel is swinging by on his way home today to sign the paperwork and then I'm headed over there after work to drop it off.  I'm hoping we hear something back this week, but who knows!

Say a prayer for us if you will! :)

No comments: