Friday, May 25, 2012

Land Update #3

I am way behind on a land update!!!  The land that was on Update #1 and #2 is no longer in the picture. Sad - I know! 
  Here's the short story - we submitted an offer to them (full price offer) on a Tuesday, I call that Friday asking when we would hear something and they told me by next Friday. Well, that next Wednesday I started looking at more land that was online when I found the land that we made an offer on listed with a Realtor.  I was livid!!!  I didn't understand why they couldn't have just told us they rejected our offer....full price offer at that!  I made a phone call to them and ended up telling them where to shove that land and our offer, but I was a little nicer with my words - maybe? ;)

So, that night I was still mad and told D that we were driving every road in our town until we found something....again I was mad and determined.  I knew we had to just drive around because everything that was on the market was either too high or crappy land.  We had to find something For Sale By Owner.   We drove for about an hour and a half and then we found something.  It's 3.1 acres and it sits on the side of a mountain.  There are really only two houses around us and the rest is farm land and mountains - seriously, it's gorgeous!!  We called the number and talked with the seller. They were going to build out there, but both him and his wife work in town and they decided after they bought it they wanted to stay in town, close to work and family, so they are just asking what they paid for it.  D and I knew we wanted to look into it more.  For me - it's quite, there really are no neighbors (besides one), there is farm land right across the street which means no development for a long time. Side note - D knows who farms that land, so he made a quick call to see when and if they were going to sell. They guy said "probably not within the next 50 years" that was enough for us! :)  But in the back of my mind I knew I wanted flat land (less expensive) with no trees. Obviously this is the opposite to some degree - there is about an acre, maybe a little less with no trees at all.   For D - it sits at the bottom of a mountain (which he has said he wanted since we started looking at land - I was totally against), there are really no neighbors, its 3.1 acres AND not only does it sit at the bottom of the mountain, but the backs up to a Hunting Club.  I thought once D heard that he was going to pass out - his mouth dropped and then he looked at me and a huge smile appeared on his face! :)
Oh, how that boy loves him some hunting.

We got someone to meet us out there this week to give us a price on clearing and leveling it off.  The price was good - really good!!  Thank goodness for friends that do work like that! :)  And today we are meeting someone out there to have a Perk test done.  If that passes, then an offer will be submitted tonight! :)  Fingers crossed! 

The sellers have been SO nice throughout this whole process.  They know we want the land!  We met with them this past Friday and they gave us there closing documents from when they bought it and the appraisal, so we could just look over everything and make sure it was what we wanted.  As we were leaving, David the seller, said "we'll just consider it sold unless we hear otherwise"  Which really brought a smile to our faces - who does that nowadays!?!?  So Thankful for good hearted people!   

SO - that is where we are!!!  Hopefully by Monday or Tuesday we should either be under contract or back at square one!  I think I'm going to meet D out there this afternoon while the guy is doing the perk test and take some pictures.  If so, I'll upload them this weekend! 

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!!!  :) 

1 comment:

Courtney B said...

How exciting!! This sounds so perfect.... I am crossing my fingers that everything works out! :)