WARNING: LONG POST AHEAD!!!!
As most of you know, I'm renovating a house my grandparents bought, that I will soon live in whenever it gets finished and my house sells! This house is an older house. I'm thinking maybe around 50's, maybe 40's - watch I'm probably way off. Lol. You get the idea though - it's older!
Well, we have done a lot of stuff to it, since I decided to sell my house and move in over there.
A lot!
I'm talking - caulked all the trim, painted the closets (they still need to be painted two more times), taken up carpet, painted baseboards, painted windows, painted trim, painted doors, demo'd the bathroom - down to nothing), installed a new bath tub, and installed beadboard in the bathroom. And this is just the stuff I can think off right off the top of my head without looking at my list. And we still have SO much to do - a little depressing, but it's okay!
Well, I'm struggling on decorating this house. And, if you know me, you know that is not like me at all. I usually have all kinds of ideas flowing. I'm the go to girl in the family when it comes to decorating. But, I've drawn a blank - on paint color, ideas in a small room this house has, how to organize the closets because they are so small (and I have so many clothes) and there is only three closets in the entire house (yes, hopefully my OCD in organization will come out in full force - it has too), and what color to paint the door knobs and hinges. That is what I need ya'lls help on. :)
I know - call me crazy, but this is the stuff I literally stress over day in and day out. Bring my self to tears to, at least once a day. And causes so much friction between me and D, and me and my mom. Sad? I know!
Let's get one thing first, I have no hobbies what so ever. I love to shop, go out with my bestie Rachael, and spend time with my family. That's me in a nutshell.
But, most of all - I. Am. A. Homebody!
My home is where I feel safe, where I pour out the one thing I know to do best - decorate. Well, I have been very blessed growing up - always had the best. I'm not boasting about that, either. It's the truth. My mom sacrificed so much, doing without, so my sister and I could have so much. So, did my grandparents. My family wouldn't be where we are today without them! They are truly the most selfless people I have ever met! :)
I'm saying all this to say, I stress over my house being decorated PERFECT, because that is where I am most of the time and that is what makes me happy!!! I love nothing more than walking into a house that feels like home. That is so inviting to other people (although I don't have a lot of people over!) :) And that is decorated to a "T"!
Well, I'm just struggling in this house because it's older and I don't know where to start!
SO, I'm going to be reaching out to ya'll to help me out! :)
What color should I paint the door knobs and hinges? The doors are painted a "high gloss" white. So, should I paint them white to blend in with the doors? OR should I paint them black to give the doors a pop of color? I'm leaning towards black.....right now.
But, I'm struggling because I don't have a lot of pieces of furniture or accent pieces that are black. So, will it look weird?
Please do not mistake at all that I am not blessed beyond measure and so very Thankful that my Grandparents are letting me live here. It has nothing to do with that. AT ALL. It's just there are so many things to do with a small older house and I don't do well with a lot of decisions being thrown at me. Obviously! :)
I wonder if I can ever build a house?? lol :)







2 comments:
I like the idea of painting the hinges!
However, if it's an older house and you aren't sure about the black, why don't you go with the crystal clear looking knobs? I LOVE them and they should match just about anything!
Because I'm weird about things matching, too. We bought an entire set of new appliances when we only needed the fridge and DW just so they would all match ... haha.
I think that the black knobs and hinges would look not only rustic but classy and chic as well. Not to mention it will flow with your furniture pieces and all.
Post a Comment